Tuesday 22 November 2011

Week 1, Day 2

Agony. I am in so much pain I feel like all my teeth are going to fall right out if I remove these aligners as if they are the only things holding them in.

After going most of my adult life suffering with overcrowding and the constant need for a filling or some other dental procedure since my teeth were so crooked it was so hard to clean them properly, I decided to take the plunge and get braces. I'm 26 and wouldn't have been all that embarrassed with a normal set of metallics but Invisalign just seemed like the more appropriate option for me and my Orthodontist seemed fine with it so I went ahead and paid for my treatment up front and started my first set of aligners yesterday.

In all I will have 28 stages until I (hopefully) reach my final result which will be - Straight teeth! Woohoo :) Just over a year. Already its becoming a pain taking them in and out to eat since the pain of removing them is horrible and I get attachments on in two weeks which I have heard can make it more difficult to remove them for eating, I do hope this is worth it!!

This blog will be to document 'My Time with Invisalign' so I can keep track of my progress over the next year. Any comments or advice from anyone else who has experience with invisalign are most welcome :)

x O x



1 comment:

  1. Good post! Thanks for sharing this information I appreciate it. God bless!

    invisalign melrose ma

    ReplyDelete